Sunday, June 30, 2013

Thoughts in Writing 5

              I am appalled at the most recent lack of action by our congress. It definitely fits the bill, the name, although regress would also be appropriate.
              It has been allowed that the interest rate for college loans for students has doubled. The young men and women, include some old timers too, have a hard enough time to pay for their tuition as it is. And in New Jersey, they want to allow illegal immigrants to go to school and pay in state tuition because they reside here.
             Dumb, dumb, dumb. They are here illegally. Their residence is in a foreign country. What do they not understand? I am not against them learning, but one of the features of the allowance is for the alien to say that they will apply for legal status, not have it at the time.
             Now, if a judge were to say to me: If you promise to get your license, I will let you leave and allow you to purchase and own an auto. Of course I would say yes. And continue to drive without a license as long as I am able. When I am not legally allowed to, I would revert to the most inconspicuous means of travel. Mass transit does not cover all the roads and towns.
             The banks get their money from the main treasury at little interest at this time, less than 1%. And now they have doubled their profits with no legal challenge to speak of. Topping that off, how about the interest rates for credit cards? Does anyone mind paying 20% for the privilege of using a card that adds interest and penalties together?
             Keeping the public in deep debt allows the people who run the government to profit and not have to use a gun to empty our pockets. And I do not mean the elected officials. We are led to believe that the men and women we elect are in our best interests. Ask them to do something, and see how long it takes. But the people behind the scenes just say do it, and it will be done. I am not against some form of favoritism, as long as it is spread equally among us. But giving banks, etc. the opportunity to rip our pockets out of our pants and purses is not the same as giving the whole nation a credit which comes to $20 a week, for example. How much does anyone think that a tax break will return to our pocket? And then, that too is taxed.
             Since the preamble says that all men are created equal why do the rich get special favors. As far as taxing goes, the income tax was brought about to fund the War Between the States. It has continued to do so. We have not had more than two generations pass without some conflict we must pursue and fund. So I again ask for a fair tax, the flat rate tax. Make it 17% as it was proposed. We will have a surplus in a generation. Except for the government covert operations funding in the "Islands", go out and tax the money in foreign accounts at a high interest rate for trying to fraudulently hide income. Our flat tax makes us all on the same level. The public get relief and the wealthy get to contribute a fair share.
             And while we are at it, make the Social Security system free from outside manipulation. Johnson allowed the fund to be put into the general fund when the Vietnam War was going on. If the money was invested properly without the removal of funds for special purposes, the interest alone would carry itself without worry. In New Jersey, Whitman raided the public employees pension fund for $8 billion. It was not repaid and still is a large influence in the daily lives of New Jersey residents.
             I have said my peace. Right or wrong I am permitted to. It's up to others to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment